After completing a Bachelor of Arts at Loyola University in New Orleans, Ms. Sharkawy went on to pursue and receive a Master's in Land and Real Estate Development and completed her coursework for a Master's in Construction Science from Texas A&M University. As a Senior Retail Leasing & Development Executive for the last 15 years with Stirling Properties, Mrs. Sharkawy has worked on new retail developments and shopping centers in need of redevelopment. In addition to handling the leasing of retail developments, she also represents national retail tenants such as Shoe Carnival, Ascena (Lane Bryant, Catherines, Cacique & Petite Sophisticate), Verizon Wireless (New Orleans Region), O'Reilly Auto Parts, Goodyear, Aaron Rents and Allied Cash Advance. Past clients include: AT&T Wireless, Haverty Furniture, The Athlete's Foot, Quizno's, Rainbow Apparel, One Price Clothing, EB Games, Ashley Stewart, and After Hours Formalwear.
In 2010, 2011 & 2012, Rhonda received the F. Poche Waguespack Award, the Realtor's Commercial Investment Division most prestigious award, given to an agent with the highest volume in the industry of sales and leases in the marketplace for the year. She is the first agent in Stirling Properties history to receive this award and one of only a handful of women to achieve this honor since it was created back in 1964.
Awards and Honors
National Association of Realtors-Commercial Real Estate Division
- National Commercial Award: 2012
- Metropolitan Association of Realtor's Commercial Investment Division
- F. Poche Waguespack Award 2010, 2011 & 2012: CID's most prestigious award
- Top Overall Retail Producer: 2001-2012
- Top Overall Retail Lease: 2004-2007, 2010 & 2011
- Top Overall Retail Sale: 2008
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2011
New Orleans City Business
- Power Generation: 2003, for young innovative achievers whose success in business and organizations set the pace for the future of our region.
- Top Commercial Producer: 2003-2006 and 2008-2012
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2003-2012