After completing a B.A. at Loyola in New Orleans, Ms. Sharkawy went on to pursue & receive a Master’s in Land & Real Estate Development and completed her coursework for a Master’s in Construction Science from Texas A&M University. As a Senior Retail Leasing & Development Executive for the last 18 years, she has worked on new retail developments, redevelopments & leasing existing shopping centers. In addition, she represents over a dozen national retailers throughout Louisiana.
She is active in ICSC, CREW, Loyola University- New Orleans- Board of Trustees Member, Covenant House - Executive Sleep Out, Saks Fifth Avenue - Key to the Cure, Junior Achievement Entrepreneur 100, New Orleans Contemporary Arts Center - Sweet Arts Ball, Krewe of Muses, Krewe of Tucks, & leads the New Orleans office efforts in the American Cancer Walk for Breast Cancer. Her past board involvement includes: Dress for Success, Loyola University Alumni Board, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Young Leadership Council, Commercial Investment Division, and Krewe of Muses.
The last 5 years in a row, Rhonda has received the Waguespack Award given by the Realtor’s Commercial Investment Division for achieving the highest volume in the industry of sales & leases in the marketplace for the year. She is the first agent in Stirling’s history to receive the award & one of only a handful of women to achieve this honor since it was created back in 1964.
In 2016, after 5 consecutive years of receiving the Waguespack Award, Ms. Sharkawy was inducted into the National Association of Realtors Hall of Fame.
Awards and Honors
Commercial Real Estate Awards
National Association of Realtors (NAR), Commercial Real Estate Division (CID)
- Hall of Fame: 2015
- F. Poche Waguespack Award: 2010-2014
- Top Overall Retail Lease: 2004-2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Top Overall Retail Sales: 2008
- Top Overall Retail Producer: 2001-2014
- Most Transactions: 2011-2014
- Nationwide Commercial Award from Realtor’s Association: 2011-2013
- Top Commercial Producer: 2003-2006, 2008-2013 & 2015
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2003-2015
- Power Broker, Top Broker Award: 2015
New Orleans City Business
- Ones to Watch, Top Private Companies: 2016
- Power Generation: 2003, for young innovative achievers whose success in business and organizations set the pace for the future of our region.