After completing a B.A. at Loyola in New Orleans, Ms. Sharkawy went on to pursue & receive a Master’s in Land & Real Estate Development and completed her coursework for a Master’s in Construction Science from Texas A&M University. As a Senior Retail Leasing & Development Executive for the last 18 years, she has worked on new retail developments, redevelopments & leasing existing shopping centers. In addition she represents national retail Tenants in Louisiana such as Shoe Carnival, Dress Barn concepts (Lane Bryant, Catherines & Cacique), Orange Theory Fitness, CC’s Coffee House, Verizon (New Orleans Area), Golden Corral, O’Reilly Auto, Goodyear & Aaron’s.
She is active in ICSC, CREW, Covenant House - Executive Sleep Out, Saks Key to the Cure, Junior Achievement Entrepreneur 100, New Orleans Contemporary Arts Center - Sweet Arts Ball, Krewe of Muses, Krewe of Tucks, & leads the New Orleans office efforts in the American Cancer Walk for Breast Cancer. Her past board involvement includes: Dress for Success, Loyola University, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Young Leadership Council, Commercial Investment Division, and Krewe of Muses.
The last 5 years in a row, Rhonda has received the Waguespack Award, the Realtor’s Commercial Investment Division most prestigious award, given to an agent with the highest volume in the industry of sales & leases in the marketplace for the year. She is the first agent in Stirling’s history to receive the award & one of only a handful of women to achieve this honor since it was created back in 1964.
Awards and Honors
National Association of Realtors, Commercial Real Estate Division (CID)
- F. Poche Waguespack Award: 2010-2014
- Top Overall Retail Lease: 2004-2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
- Top Overall Retail Sales: 2008
- Top Overall Retail Producer: 2001-2014
- Most Transactions: 2011-2014
- Nationwide Commercial Award from Realtor’s Association: 2011, 2012 & 2013
New Orleans City Business
- Power Generation: 2003, for young innovative achievers whose success in business and organizations set the pace for the future of our region.
- Top Commercial Producer: 2003-2006 and 2008-2013
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2003-2014