After completing a Bachelor of Arts at Loyola University in New Orleans, Ms. Sharkawy went on to pursue and receive a Master’s in Land & Real Estate Development and completed her coursework for a Master’s in Construction Science from Texas A&M University. As a Senior Retail Leasing & Development Executive for the last 17 years, she has worked on new retail developments, leasing existing shopping centers in addition to one’s in need of redevelopment. In addition to handling the leasing of retail developments, she also represents national retail tenants such as Shoe Carnival, Ascena (Lane Bryant, Catherines, Cacique & Petite
Sophisticate), Verizon Wireless (New Orleans Region), O’Reilly Auto Parts, Goodyear & Aaron Rents.
She is an active member in ICSC and CREW and is currently involved with Covenant House, Saks Fifth Avenue’s Key to the Cure, and is leading her company’s efforts in the American Cancer Association’s Walk for Breast
Cancer. Her past board of director’s involvement includes: Dress for Success, Loyola University, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Young Leadership Council, Commercial Investment Division, and Krewe of Muses.
In 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013, Rhonda received the Waguespack Award, the Realtor's Commercial Investment Division most prestigious award, given to an agent with the highest volume in the industry of sales & leases in the marketplace for the year. She is the first agent in Stirling's history to receive the award and one of only a handful of women to achieve this honor since it was created back in 1964.
Awards and Honors
National Association of Realtors-Commercial Real Estate Division (CID)
- National Commercial Award: 2012
- F. Poche Waguespack Award 2010 - 2013
- Top Overall Retail Producer: 2001-2013
- Top Overall Retail Lease: 2004-2007, 2010 & 2011
- Top Overall Retail Sales: 2008
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2011 - 2013
- Top Commercial Producer: 2003-2006 and 2008-2013
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2003-2013
New Orleans City Business
- Power Generation: 2003, for young innovative achievers whose success in business and organizations set the pace for the future of our region.