After completing a B.A. at Loyola University in New Orleans, Ms. Sharkawy went on to pursue and receive a Master’s in Land & Real Estate Development and completed her coursework for a Master’s in Construction Science from Texas A&M University. As a Senior Retail Leasing & Development Executive for the last 18 years, she has worked on new retail developments, redevelopments and leasing existing shopping centers. In addition she represents national retail Tenants in Louisiana such as Shoe Carnival, Dress Barn concepts (Lane Bryant, Catherines & Cacique), Rainbow (Outside of New Orleans), Orange Theory Fitness, C.C.'s Coffee, Verizon (New Orleans Area), Golden Corral, O’Reilly Auto, Goodyear & Aaron Rents.
She is active in ICSC, CREW, Covenant House, Saks Key to the Cure, and leads the New Orleans office efforts in the American Cancer Walk for Breast Cancer. Her past board involvement includes: Dress for Success, Loyola University, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Young Leadership Council, Commercial Investment Division, and Krewe of Muses.
In 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013, Rhonda received the Waguespack Award, the Realtor's Commercial Investment Division most prestigious award, given to an agent with the highest volume in the industry of sales & leases in the marketplace for the year. She is the first agent in Stirling's history to receive the award and one of only a handful of women to achieve this honor since it was created back in 1964.
Awards and Honors
National Association of Realtors-Commercial Real Estate Division (CID)
- National Commercial Award from Realtor's Association: 2011, 2012 & 2013
- F. Poche Waguespack Award 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Top Overall Retail Producer: 2001-2013
- Top Overall Retail Lease: 2004-2007, 2010 & 2011
- Top Overall Retail Sales: 2008
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2011 - 2013
- Top Commercial Producer: 2003-2006 and 2008-2013
- Most Commercial Transactions: 2003-2014
New Orleans City Business
- Power Generation: 2003, for young innovative achievers whose success in business and organizations set the pace for the future of our region.